In my first installment, I focused on many of the features from the coming months. In this installment, I highlight a few of the soon to arrive hits films and some movies to get excited about later in the year.
March 22nd – Olympus Has Fallen
Set in modern day DC, this film explores the chaos that follows a successful terrorist attack on the White House and an ex-agent (Gerard Butler) who is the only man available to rescue the president.
June 7th – Now You See Me
Unlike the earlier film related to magic and illusion, this film focuses on a cerebral battle between a band of illusionists and a group of FBI agents trying to uncover the secret of their big heist.
July 26th – The Wolverine
With many hoping this sequel will surpass the original, Hugh Jackman takes this legendary X-men character to Japan in search of the meaning of his condition.
August 2nd – Red 2
The aging action heroes are back…and they are not expendable. The surprise success of the original brings a certain hope for a strong sequel.
August 16th – 2 Guns
Two agents…both investigating the other. Major plus that the agents happen to be played by Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington.
Additional Movies (no previews)
- August 9th – Planes (unconfirmed)
- September 13th – I, Frankenstein
- September 20th – Prisoners; Rush
- September 27th – Runner Runner
- October 4th – Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- October 25th – The World’s End
- November 1st – Ender’s Game
- November 8th – Thor: The Dark World
- November 15th – The Counselor
- November 22nd – The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- November 27th – Frozen
- December 13th – The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- December 18th – The Monuments Men
- December 20th – Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues; Saving Mr. Banks